Lets tackle your first hurdle. SEA SICKNESS! Yeah the dreaded sea sickness is a little worrying on your first sailing vacation. Sea sickness or motion sickness as it is also known is due to the expected and actual motion in your brain, the symptoms may include vomiting, nausea, headache and cold sweat. In the same bag are, Sea sickness, Car sickness, Air sickness as well as Virtual reality and Space motion sickness. So here are some tips to help you combat this inconvenience. There are many professional seafarers that battle with sea sickness all there lives and thru out there sailing careers but the call of the ocean is to much to resist. The size of boat really don’t make much of a difference big or small.
OUR TOP TEN TIPS
- Stay away from the diesel motor exhaust fumes.
- Avoid alcohol 24 hours before you go on board.
- Avoid going below deck to soon.
- Stay away from greasy or acidic food and fruit juices.
- Keep your eyes on the horizon.
- Avoid the use of binoculars or cameras for long periods
- Find a spot to lie down on deck.
- Don’t read.
- Pop in and see your local GP for some medical advice. Please be aware some side effects my limit the use of medication.
- Most important don’t go on board expecting or thinking about getting sick.
2 Pairs Motion Sickness Relief Wristbands. Travel Acupressure Wristbands, Nausea Relief Band for Morning Sickness, Sea Travel, Car Sickness
£5.99 – £7.99 Get it here
EmeTerm Motion Sickness Wrist Band Electrode Stimulator, Morning Sickness Relief Band Without Side Effects, Rechargeable Black Travel Bracelet Relief from Nausea, Vomiting
£88.88 Get it here
There is nothing worse that a holiday that only has bad memories so lets do all we can to make it the best experience we can, do your checks well before you leave and all ways prepare the best you can. Please have fun and come back to let us know. We appreciate all correspondents.