When it comes to choosing a yacht and where to holiday may I suggest CROATIA. The many options for a first time yacht rental, you can find some amazing catamarans. There is so much space and comfort that comes with a catamaran that can enhance your first sailing holiday/ experience. The stability and space is great for a family.
The catamaran with great living spaces offers an attractive option to navigators in search of a large seaworthy and modern boat. Whilst the exterior is comfortable and functional, the interior ensures generous volumes and luminosity.
This new boat is perfect with her new visual identity, rigging and hull design, she provides increased performance, the 50’s elegance seduces thanks to the beveled shape of her hulls, generous volumes and panoramic views, more than ever enhanced. With unparalleled accommodation possibilities, this new model is available in three, four or even… six cabins!
- A fly bridge with two secure accesses and a helm station provides perfect visibility, and behind the helm station, a huge modular recreation area conceals a storage area large enough to store all the cushions
- A large open cockpit facing out to sea, large stern skirts enable easy access to the boat and a large modular dining area with removable bench seats to welcome children and adults alike
- A second cockpit for further enjoyment of the foredeck with dual function, seating flush with the forward trampoline
- Vast storage space under most of the cockpit.
The spaciously designed layout reveals innovative architecture where every detail has been planned to create a warm atmosphere.
- An innovative saloon concept on two levels, providing two separate but communicating areas: a large galley that opens onto the cockpit on one side, and a slightly elevated lounge area for enhanced panoramic vision, which can easily be turned into a dining area if needed
- An innovative interior design, with a new, elegant and elaborate wood finish.
- Remarkable communication between the interior and the exterior: the central panoramic windscreen is retractable, which is ideal for ventilation of both the saloon and the cockpit, this enables interaction with the forward area
- Outstanding natural light in the aft cabins, fitted with panoramic glazing and large hull portholes in the showers and bathrooms
- Volume and comfort in the hulls with particular attention to storage space, cabins with ‘Island bed’ berths forward and aft, large storage volumes, hanging lockers, and open bookcases
- Large fresh and black water tanks located under the floorboards, thus providing considerable space. A grey water tank is optional in order to comply with environmental standards
The decision to position the mast step further aft, provides this catamaran with multiple advantages:
- A self-tacking jib for simplified manoeuvres
- A large forward triangle for a wider choice of downwind sails
- A shorter boom for easier manoeuvres
- A main sail, with a high aspect ratio, enabling the capture of better airflow in the upper parts of the sail for optimized performance
- The re-centering of weight, thanks to aft positioning of rigging, considerably reduces the boats pitch
Croatia has thousands of islands and many mountains and lakes like the famous Plitvice lakes. They also have a colorful history with many Roman ruins. In the north you will find in the Istrian Riviera, and Pula with its massive amphitheater, there are also amazing hiking opportunities. In the south you will find the DUBROVNIK region that has a great deal of Islands with awesome views of the Adriatic sea and with its lovely cobbled streets, the history can be felt as you feel the cobbles under your feet.
Split is built on Roman Palace ruins and has lovely sandy beaches. Diocletian’s Palace dating back to the 4th century was once home to thousands. The remains of the palace have more than two hundred buildings and under it’s court yards you will find a Cathedral as well as houses, cafes, bars shops and hotels.
Splits sea front promenade is lined with many restaurants and palm trees. The peoples square is the best meeting place, where you will find the town clock tower. A must visit, is the Archaeological museum, there are many prehistoric artifacts as well as artifacts from the middle ages. CROATIAN artists are well represented in the fine art gallery. Split also has some great sandy beaches and a few with small pebbles.
Today one can see the palace and its surrounding buildings in its original form, in the Archaeological Museum, located in the old city. The initial structure resembles a Roman military camp with its quadrilateral exterior walls, symmetrical blocks with short and narrow streets.
After the death of Diocletian the city was abandoned, and only in the 7th century new constructions start unfolding around the palace. Italians called the city – Spalatto, but later Slavic Croatians, who replaced them, renamed it Split.
Probably during this period, Diocletian’s mausoleum was rebuilt into a Christian church with a five-tiered bell tower. In the former palace temple of Jupiter Christians they began to perform the ritual of baptism. It is hard to imagine how much antiquities were destroyed since then. Even the sarcophagus of Diocletian disappeared from the mausoleum and its fate is still unknown.
Medieval Split was ruled by Venice and Byzantium, later by Croatian and Hungarian kings. At the end of the XVIII century it was under the control of Austria, and at the beginning of the XIX century – Napoleonic France, then again Austria.
After the collapse of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, Split was a part of the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes, and since 1929 it belonged to Yugoslavia, currently it is located in Croatia. For more than one millennium the palace was unknown to European architects.
It was introduced to the West thanks to the work of Scottish architect Robert Adam, who in 1764 published his work “Ruins of the Palace of the Emperor Diocletian at Spalatro in Dalmatia.”
Since then the palace has been an inspiration for numerous architects and painters. In 1979 it became a UNESCO World Heritage Site
SAILING YACHT MOTOR YACHT
MOTOR SAILORS GULLETS
So as you can see we have an amazing range of yachts to choose from. From small to very large yachts of all shapes and sizes.
To see our full range of yachts please follow the link:
Please return to us after your experience and leave a comment, we would love to hear about your experiences. Don’t forget the sunglasses and suntan lotion.